Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas came early for us.

IMG_8401 1

Mike and I got to go out yesterday for about eight hours.

That's rare.

We love it!

I woke up, got myself ready and met a friend and Panera Bread for breakfast. Kim misses a lot of our craft nights and other outings because of her husbands work hours and I missed getting to hang with her... so we went out while her kids were at school. :) Panera Bread with a friend is a great way to start the day.

While I was out Mike got the kids all ready and as soon as I got home we loaded them in to the car and took them to my in-law's for the rest of the day.

And then Mike and I had a very relaxing and enjoyable day out.

I've had coupons for over two years now and thankfully none of them expired. I had two free chicken sandwich meals (sandwich, fries and drink) for Chick-fil-a and two free movie passes for the theater. Both of these things are in a town about 40 minutes away and it's hard to have enough time to get there and fit everything in and get back home. But with eight hours we had plenty of time!

We ate a late lunch. And Chick-fil-a is really good. Mmmmm. I was filled up by the meal. And since we ate late the lunch crowd was clearing out and we found a corner booth and just had a fun time together.

Then we went to see Narnia, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was a really great movie! I love The Chronicles of Narnia and I can't wait till my kids are a little bit older and I can read them a chapter every night before bed!



And the theater! I hadn't been there in YEARS and it was actually really nice. The seats were cozy, they reclined a little bit and the arm rests moved so Mike and I were able to get nice and cozy.

After the movie we had some time to blow so we just went to Panera (yeah, my second time in the same day... but at least it was in a different town!) We got some hot drinks and just hung out until we had to go back home to get the kids.

It turned out to be one of the most relaxing days I've had in a long time. It was really nice to just hang out with Mike without feeling rushed and like we need to hurry up and fit everything in. Dates like the one we had yesterday are much more fun than almost anything else we do.

Thanks Nancy, Roger and Ariel for watching the kids and giving us that time out together!

Today is family date day. We are doing a little shopping this morning, making cookies after lunch and tonight we are hoping to get a copy of Despicable Me and watch it while eating pizza and cookies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for A Hearty Overflow